[Email-SIG] rfc822 parser (the elephant has landed)

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Fri Jun 10 19:00:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

I know close to zilch about email but thought I’d give two eurocents.

The first cent is about subclassing builtins.  I read in your article
that your code uses subclasses of str and list; can’t that lead to
problems caused by fast paths for built-in types in CPython code?  (if I
understand http://bugs.python.org/issue10977 correctly)

The second cent is about naming.  Does a Mailbox represent an email
address?  The confusion with mailbox.Mailbox would be a problem.

Dare I say it? PEP 8 would advise rfc822parser for the name, or parser
(but I don’t know how you plan to deprecate/replace the existing
email.parser module).

I’m sorry for your family stuff.

Regards