[EuroPython-announce] EuroPython 2015: Call for Proposals has been extended

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Tue Apr 14 21:16:45 CEST 2015

Since we had Easter holidays and a very busy PyCon US 2015 during the
Call for Proposal (CFP) period, the Program work group (WG) has
decided to extend the date for the talk submission deadline until:

       Thursday, 2015-04-28, 23:59:59 CEST

Please submit your proposals through the EuroPython website:

       https://ep2015.europython.eu/en/call-for-proposals/

Need some inspiration ?
-----------------------

We are especially interested in the following topics in the context of
using and developing for and with Python:

 * Core Python
 * Alternative Python implementations: e.g. Jython, IronPython, PyPy,
   Stackless, etc.
 * Python libraries and extensions
 * Python 2 to 3 migration
 * Databases
 * Documentation
 * GUI Programming
 * Game Programming
 * Network Programming
 * Open Source Python projects
 * Packaging Issues
 * Programming Tools
 * Project Best Practices
 * Embedding and Extending
 * Education, Science and Math
 * Web-based Systems

Have a look at the talks presented at previous conferences to get an
idea of what we’re looking for:

 * EuroPython 2014 Talks - https://ep2014.europython.eu/en/schedule/schedule/
 * EuroPython 2013 Talks - https://ep2013.europython.eu/p3/schedule/ep2013/
 * EuroPython 2012 Talks - https://ep2013.europython.eu/p3/schedule/ep2012/
 * EuroPython Talk Videos - http://europython.tv/

This year at EuroPython we will have plenty of presentation slots
available for everyone:

 * Talks: 170 slots available (80x 30min, 85x 45min, 5x 60min)
 * Trainings: 20 slots
 * Posters: 25 slots
 * Help desks: 5 slots

More details are available on our CFP page:

    https://ep2015.europython.eu/en/call-for-proposals/

Now is your chance to become a speaker at EuroPython !

EuroPython is the largest Python conference in Europe, providing you
with an ideal platform to let the Python community know about your
ideas, projects and thoughts.

 * Don’t be shy and submit your talks. We’d especially like to
   encourage first time speakers to submit their talks.

 * If you’ve already held a talk at another Python conference,
   perfect: send in your talk submission.

 * If your talk did not get accepted at one of the other Python
   conferences: try again at EuroPython.

See you in Bilbao !

Enjoy,
--