[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2017: Full session list online

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Fri May 26 07:23:26 EDT 2017

After the final review round, we are now happy to announce the
complete list of more than 200 accepted sessions.

		   * EuroPython 2017 Session List *

	   https://ep2017.europython.eu/en/events/sessions/

Here’s what we have on offer:

 - 5 keynotes
 - 157 talks
 - 20 trainings
 - 10 posters
 - 4 interactive sessions
 - 5 help desks
 - 2 EuroPython sessions

for a total of 203 sessions, arranged in 5 tracks from Monday, July
10, thru Friday, July 14, in addition to the Beginners’ Day and Django
Girls workshops on Sunday, July 9, and the Sprints on the weekend July
15-16.

Please see the session list for details and abstracts. In case you
wonder what poster, interactive and help desk sessions are, please
check the call for proposals:

https://ep2017.europython.eu/en/call-for-proposals/#Presenting-at-EuroPython

Additional help desk slots available
------------------------------------

We have 5 additional help desk slots available. If you are interested
in arranging one, please see our Call for Proposals for details and
contact program at europython.eu to submit your proposal. Organizers of
help desks are eligible for a 25% ticket discount.

Schedule to be announced next week
----------------------------------

Our program work group is now working hard on scheduling all these
sessions. We expect to announce the final schedule by the end of next
week.

We will use the same conference schedule layout as in previous years:

 * Sunday, July 9: Beginners’ Day and Django Girls workshops;
   registration desk opens

 * Monday - Friday, July 10-14: Conference talks, trainings, keynotes,
   help desks, interactive sessions, etc.

 * Saturday - Sunday, July 15-16: Sprints

A typical conference day will open the venue at 08:30, have the first
session around 09:00 and end at 18:30. Lunch breaks are scheduled for
around 13:15. Please note that we don’t serve breakfast.

Aside: If you haven’t done yet, please get your EuroPython 2017 ticket
soon. We will switch to on-desk rates in June, which will cost around
30% more than the regular rates.

    https://ep2017.europython.eu/en/registration/buy-tickets/

Enjoy,
--
EuroPython 2017 Team
http://ep2017.europython.eu/

PS: Please forward or retweet to help us reach all interested parties:
https://twitter.com/europython/status/868063669019697153
Thanks.