[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2018: Introducing Smarkets

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Wed Jul 18 09:07:22 EDT 2018

We are very pleased to have Smarkets as Keystone Sponsor for
EuroPython 2018. You can visit them at the most central booth in our
exhibit area, the Lennox Suite in the EICC, and take the opportunity
to chat with their staff or enjoy their escape room.

Please find below a hosted blog post from Smarkets.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Smarkets: where Python and financial trading meet

Smarkets operates one of the world’s most powerful and innovative
event trading exchanges. We have engineered our technology in-house -
without using white label products - and Python powers our
platform. In fact, our codebase is fully Python3 and is deployed
across multiple teams of engineers within our self-managed
organisation.

We combine financial technology with the startup culture of fast
development and frequent releases; the perfect environment to make use
of Python’s data science and rapid prototyping capabilities.

Python language helps us to remain nimble as it allows us to move from
idea to product extremely quickly. Python not only has a solid
standard library but also an extensive community which means that
packages exist for just about everything you could ever need.

Join us at EuroPython where our workshop will show you how Smarkets is
using Python to revolutionise sports trading. You will learn more
about Python’s implementation on an exchange, how trading bots work
and some strategies that can be employed to successfully trade
sports. Put this theory in action with access to our API and a
skeleton bot, which you will use as a base to create your very own
trading bot. The workshop is free people with a conference ticket or
training pass. Bring your laptops!

Come and check out our booth #10 to learn more about life at Smarkets
and what it’s like to work at the UK’s largest self-managed
organisation where you get to be your own boss, define the projects
you work on and even get to set your own salary. If that’s not
tempting enough, we’ve got an actual escape room on our booth as one
of the main attractions at EuroPython this year! If you’ve got 30
minutes to spare or simply fancy the challenge, come along and see if
you can crack your way out! Successful teams will also automatically
be entered into a prize draw that we’ll be running each day.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/176018861357/europython-2018-introducing-smarkets

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1019552800785752064