[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2018: Ticket Sales Update

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Wed May 9 07:55:22 EDT 2018

Some community members have been wondering why tickets are not
available yet. We’d like to update you on the current status.

EuroPython is run by the EuroPython Society located in
Sweden. However, the conference being held in the UK, we have to
charge UK VAT for the tickets we sell and submit the collected VAT to
the UK tax authorities. In order to be able to do this, we have
register with the UK tax authorities and this is where we have
experienced unforseen delays.

After several attempts at getting this sorted, our friends at PyCon UK
have helped us find a capable accountant with whom we are currently
implementing the registration. Hopefully, the tax authorities won’t
take too long to issue us a UK VAT ID. As soon as we have it, we will
start ticket sales.

Ticket Prices Available
-----------------------

That said, we do already have some more information for you: we have
decided on the initial ticket prices for EuroPython 2018. In case you
need budget approval from your employer, you may put in your request
now.

Please see our blog post or registration page for full details on the
ticket pricing:

*
https://blog.europython.eu/post/173732504642/europython-2018-ticket-sales-update
* https://ep2018.europython.eu/en/registration/buy-tickets/

Enjoy,
--
EuroPython 2018 Team
https://ep2018.europython.eu/

PS: Please forward or retweet to help us reach all interested parties:
https://twitter.com/europython/status/994182851997421569
Thanks.