[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2018: Financial Aid Program

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Tue May 29 08:25:35 EDT 2018

As part of our commitment to the Python community, we are pleased to
announce that we offer special grants for people in need of a
financial aid to attend EuroPython 2018.

We offer financial aid conference grants in these 3 categories:

- Free and discounted ticket: Get a standard ticket for the conference
  for free (including access to conference days (Wed-Fri), Beginners’
  Day workshop and sprints.). Note: training passes are NOT included
  in the free conference ticket.

- Travel costs: We will cover the travel costs pro rata, depending on
  what you are applying for.

- Accommodation: We can partially cover your accommodation costs

Grant Eligibility
-----------------

Our grants are open to all people in need of financial aid. We will
specifically take into account the following criteria in the selection
process:

- Contributors: Potential speakers/trainers of EuroPython (people who
  submitted a proposal) and all who contribute to EuroPython and/or
  Python community projects.

- Economic factors: We want everybody to have a chance to come to
  EuroPython, regardless of economic situation or income level.

- Diversity: We seek the most diverse and inclusive event possible.

How to apply
------------

You can apply for financial aid by filling the form on the EuroPython
2018 Finance Aid page:

     https://ep2018.europython.eu/en/registration/financial-aid/

If you have any questions, please read the FAQ or send an email to
finaid at europython.eu

Timeline
--------

- June 5th (2018-06-05)  - the deadline for submitting the applications
- June 12th (2018-06-12) - applicants will be notified by e-mail around
- June 17th (2018-06-17) - deadline for applicants to accept the grant
- June 20th (2018-06-20) - applicants will receive confirmation notific
- July 23rd (2018-07-23) - last day when we accept invoices

Refund management
-----------------

Free ticket: The individual coupons will be generated for a free
ticket.

Accommodation and Travel grant: All grants involving reimbursements
will be reimbursed by PayPal or bank transfer. Please send us your
receipts (hotel invoice, plane/bus/train ticket) before the conference
for approval.

Become a special Finance Aid and Diversity sponsor!

You or your company can support our finaid initiative by becoming a sponsor.

We have a special sponsor package “Financial aid sponsor” and a
“Financial aid donation” option that can be booked separately or in
combination with a sponsor package:

- https://ep2018.europython.eu/en/sponsor/packages/#Financial-Aid-Sponsor
- https://ep2018.europython.eu/en/sponsor/options/

For more information please contact the sponsor work group at
sponsoring at europython.eu.

Bring us a new sponsor and get free ticket for EuroPython 2018!

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/174368323052/europython-2018-financial-aid-program

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1001437296816742401