[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2018: Early Bird Ticket Sales

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Wed May 30 03:41:05 EDT 2018

We are happy to announce that we’ll start early bird tickets on

		   Thursday, at around 12:00 CEST.

We have 200 conference tickets available at the Early Bird rate and
they usually sell out within a day or two.

Invoices will be available in a few weeks

Since we’re running the conference in the UK this year and conference
tickets are taxed at the location of the conference, we have to charge
and pay 20% UK VAT on the tickets.

In order to do this, we need a UK VAT registration and associated VAT
ID. Unfortunately, this whole process has taken way too long and so
we’re starting ticket sales without issuing invoices at this time,
simply because we would not be able to issue valid VAT invoices.

We will issues these as soon as we have the UK VAT ID, which should be
within the next couple of weeks if all goes well.

We’ll announce this on the blog and you will then be able to download
the invoices in your website account.

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/174396639222/europython-2018-early-bird-ticket-sales

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1001728629917863936