[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2019: Talk Voting is open

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Mon May 13 11:58:34 EDT 2019

Talk voting is your chance to tell us what you’d like to see at
EuroPython 2019. We will leave talk voting open until:

		   * Friday, May 17 23:59:59 CEST *

In order to vote, please log in to the website and then navigate to
the talk voting page:

	 * https://ep2019.europython.eu/events/talk-voting/ *

How talk voting works
---------------------

The talk voting page lists all submitted proposals, including talks,
trainings and posters. The proposals are sorted in random order.

In order to vote, have a look at the title/abstract and then indicate
your personal interest in attending this session. We have simplified
the voting process and you may choose between these four options:

- must see
- want to see
- maybe
- not interested

The talks you haven’t voted for are marked "no vote". Your votes are
automatically saved to the backend without the need to click on a save
or submit button.

Please note the voting period is a bit shorter this year. We want to
make up some time and release a first selection of accepted proposals
by May 22.

Who can participate ?
---------------------

Any registered attendee of the current EuroPython as well as any
attendee of one of the past EuroPython conferences going back to 2015
can vote. If you have submitted a proposal this year, you are also
eligible to vote.

Talk Selection
--------------

After the talk voting phase, the EuroPython Program Workgroup (WG)
will use the votes to select the talks and build a schedule.

The talk voting is a good and strong indicator what attendees are
interested to see. Submissions are also selected based on editorial
criteria to e.g. increase diversity, giving a chance to less
mainstream topics as well as avoiding too much of the same topic.

In general, the Program WG will try to give as many speakers a chance
to talk as possible. If speakers have submitted multiple talks, the
one with the highest rating will most likely get selected.

Dates and Venues
----------------

EuroPython will be held from July 8-14 2019 in Basel, Switzerland, at
the Congress Center Basel (BCC) for the main conference days (Wed-Fri)
and the FHNW Muttenz for the workshops/trainings/sprints days
(Mon-Tue, Sat-Sun).

For more details, please have a look at our website and the FAQ:

    https://ep2019.europython.eu/faq

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/184850780847/europython-2019-talk-voting-is-open

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1127965425193705473