[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2020: Ticket sales started

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Tue Apr 21 05:12:20 EDT 2020

We have started the EuroPython 2020 online conference & sprint ticket
sales today.

		   * EuroPython 2020 Ticket Sales *

	https://ep2020.europython.eu/registration/buy-tickets/

Simplified ticket structure
---------------------------

In order to keep things simple for the EuroPython 2020 online version,
we have significantly reduced the ticket prices and refactored the
ticket structure to just two ticket types and two categories:

Conference & sprint tickets
---------------------------

The conference & sprint ticket includes admission to the EuroPython
2020 main conference (July 23-24) and sprints days (July 25-26).

 - Business conference ticket: EUR 175.00 incl. 0% Swedish VAT
   (for people using Python to make a living)

 - Personal conference ticket: EUR 95.00 incl. 0% Swedish VAT
   (for people enjoying Python in their free time or as a freelancer)

Sprint-only tickets
-------------------

Admission to the sprint days (July 25-26) is free of charge, but we
still require you to register and “buy” tickets, since that way we can
send out the conference details using our ticketing system:

 - Business sprint ticket: EUR 0.00 incl. 0% Swedish VAT
   (for people using Python to make a living)

 - Personal sprint ticket: EUR 0.00 incl. 0% Swedish VAT
   (for people enjoying Python in their free time or as a freelancer)

Full details
------------

Please see our registration page for full details on the available tickets:

    https://ep2020.europython.eu/registration/buy-tickets/

As a reminder, here’s the conference structure:

 - Thursday & Friday, July 23 & 24:
   Conference talks, keynotes & virtual exhibition

 - Saturday & Sunday, July 25 & 26:
   Sprints

Participate in Talk Voting
--------------------------

With conference tickets, you will also be able to participate in the
talk voting which is still available until Sunday, April 26 23:59:59
CEST. Talk voting is your chance to tell us what you’d like to see at
EuroPython 2020.

    https://ep2020.europython.eu/events/talk-voting/

Sprints-only tickets are not eligible for talk voting, but if you have
bought a ticket for one of the previous EuroPython conferences, you
can still vote after logging in to the website.

Guido van Rossum Core Developer Grant
-------------------------------------

For Python Core Developers, we have put a special grant in place,
which will allow core developers to get free tickets to the
conference.

If you want to sign up, please check our grant page for details on how
to apply:

    https://www.europython-society.org/core-grant

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/615992284837756928/europython-2020-ticket-sales-started

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1252508481405550593