[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython videos all on archive.org

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Sat Nov 28 07:38:10 EST 2020

Over the last few weeks, Anthon van der Neut, our media work group chair
for EP2015 and EP2016, put in a lot of effort into getting all our
conference videos on archive.org, the Internet Archive.

Archive.org is not meant as an alternative for YouTube to watch the
videos, but it allows you to retrieve the original uploads, and as such
also functions as a backup location for the us and the community.

He first downloaded all videos from our YouTube account (over 2.5TB as
of this writing), then enriched the meta data based on the talk
information we have on the websites, fixed issues he found, and then
uploaded the videos and meta data to our archive.org account. Overall,
around 40 hours of work went into this.

We now have more than 1000 conference videos available on our
archive.org account, covering EP2014 - EP2020.

               * EuroPython videos on archive.org *

           https://archive.org/details/@europythonvideos

Thanks, Anthon, for making this possible !

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/636029350382387200/europython-videos-all-on-archiveorg

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1332661436632457216