[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2021: Financial Aid Applications Open
mal at europython.eu
Wed Apr 21 09:40:13 EDT 2021
We are happy to announce the start of our financial aid program for this
* EuroPython 2021 Financial Aid *
As part of our commitment to the Python community and to increase our
reach to lower income countries, we will provide financial aid for
people in need to enable them to attend EuroPython 2021.
Financial Aid Sponsor for EuroPython 2021: The EuroPython Society (EPS)
is sponsoring EUR 10,000 worth of financial aid this year.
We offer financial aid in the following two ways:
- Discounted ticket. Get a standard conference ticket for the conference
with a very affordable price.
- Free ticket. For exceptional cases, we offer the standard conference
ticket for free.
Conference tickets include access to conference days (Wed-Fri),
sponsored workshops, Beginners’ Day workshop and sprints.
Please note: Access to our regular training sessions and workshops is
not included in the conference ticket.
EuroPython is a wonderful place to meet and share your experience with
Python developers from Europe and all around the world. Our goal is to
support people who want to help improve the Python community: conference
speakers, active developers from smaller Python communities and open
Our grants are open to all people in need of financial aid. We take into
account the following criteria during the selection process:
- Contributors: Potential speakers/trainers of EuroPython (those who
have submitted a proposal), volunteers and other contributors to
EuroPython and/or Python community projects.
- Economic factors: We want everybody to have a chance to join
EuroPython, regardless of economic situation or income level.
- Country based: As EuroPython 2021 will be run online and there may be
participants joining outside of Europe, we understand not all countries
have the same income levels and cost of living.
- Diversity: We aim to be the most diverse and inclusive event possible.
How to apply
Please see our financial aid page for details on how to apply:
EuroPython 2021 will be run online from July 26 - August 1:
- Two workshop/training days (July 26 - 27)
- Three conference days (July 28 - 30)
- Two sprint days (July 31 - August 1)
The sessions will be scheduled to ensure they are also accessible for
those in the Asian and Americas time zones.
Help spread the word
Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !
Link to the blog post:
EuroPython 2021 Team
More information about the EuroPython-Announce