[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2021: Meet our Keystone Sponsor Optiver

Marc-Andre Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Tue Jul 6 09:16:19 EDT 2021

We are excited to have Optiver as our Keystone Sponsor for EuroPython
2021. Optiver uses Python to drive their market maker business in the
financial industry.

You can participate in their free training session, visit their sponsor
exhibit rooms, and talk with their staff to learn more about the Python
ecosystem they have created.

Please continue reading to learn more about Optiver.

Enjoy,
--
EuroPython 2021 Team
https://ep2021.europython.eu/

                                Optiver

                       * https://www.optiver.com/ *

About Optiver
-------------

We’re market makers. In simple terms, we provide buy and sell prices for
financial products on exchanges across the globe. By providing this
liquidity we help make markets more efficient. Every day at Optiver is
an opportunity to solve the seemingly impossible. What we build, code,
develop and strategise pushes the boundaries of technological and
analytical possibility in the world of electronic trading. Every team
member has an integral part to play in this endeavour, which is why
collaboration lies at the heart of everything we do. From traders,
engineers, researchers, and support, we work in unison to find solutions
to incredibly complex problems. It’s a melting pot of dynamic thought,
simple execution and pioneering spirits, and we’re always looking for
fresh new thinking to help us achieve our mission.

How Python Plays a Vital Role in our Business

Working in infrastructure, development, and operations, our engineers
are driven by the need to understand technology at its deepest level.
Some of the ways we use Python include interfacing with our physical
systems, managing our production environments, and gaining insights into
how they’re performing. It also plays a crucial role in our monitoring
by collecting metrics data and raising alerts when anomalies are found
in our trading systems. We also use it to manage our data pipelines
including job scheduling, analytics, and quality control. The list goes
on but what remains the same is how Python is crucial to solving the
complexity of trading with elegant, simple solutions.

Optiver at EuroPython 2021
--------------------------

We’re extremely excited to once again be a part of EuroPython. Not only
as a keystone sponsor but also as a participant looking to share ideas
and learn from the many innovative minds in attendance. We’ll be hosting
two talks, including a workshop - Activate Your Interest in Coding for
Algorithmic Trading, where developers will get the chance to trade on
Optibook, our proprietary simulated exchange. You’ll learn the
fundamentals of trading such as what are order-books, order-types,
liquidity, positions, and gain insights into the different trading
systems involved. You’ll then get to test your abilities with Python by
creating a profitable trading strategy that can handle the pressures of
the market. We look forward to hosting you at our workshop, so please
join us and come learn more about the exciting space in which we
operate.

Training:
https://ep2021.europython.eu/events/trainings/#Activate-Your-Interest-in-Coding-for-Algorithmic-Trading