[EuroPython] ReportLab Talks

Andy Robinson andy@reportlab.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 23:40:04 +0100

I'm sorry not to have made much contribution recently
but am starting to plan what ReportLab can do to help.  The many
things we would talk about cut across several tracks -
we could fill a whole day easily - so I'd like to ask for
ideas on priorities, and also who are the right "organisers"
for some of the topics below.

We have a LOT of stuff we could talk about; I will discuss
breaking this into the right chunks with the track leaders.
 - about our open source PDF generating tools
 - our (open source) platform independent vector graphics library -
   possibly with neat SVG stuff to show
 - reporting as a web service - what we do for real with
   our big clients, (and how easy it was to build with Python)
   (not free stuff)
 - general input to business track - discussion on 'war stories'
   of small Python businesses, pricing models  etc etc
 - full day or half day of tutorials
 - some kind of "sprint" to get some features added, or maybe
   do something cool on Python documentation tools or plumbin
   our reporting tools into Zope
 - I and/or colleagues will give general tutorials on any
   topic deemed important or useful

Also, I believe we should get the Secret Labs people here;
I think they may have some very exciting stuff to talk about
by then - but maybe it's still too Secret :-).

Finally, will companies be able to get stands to display our
wares from?  Is it just me or would anyone else like one?
Some space for desks, or wall space for literature or
something, will really help.

Thanks,

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect, ReportLab inc.