[EuroPython] plan for tomorrow

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:04:47 +0200

Hey there,

We said we'd update the homepage by tomorrow, and I'm behind on this..
Figures in euros are provisional, but seem to be realistic according to
some budget calculations we went over at the impromptu meeting in Berlin.
But please do comment about the numbers and times.

Here's a draft annnouncement that can go on the homepage as well as go
out to the various lists and media.

-----------------------
Early-bird registration for EuroPython 2002 is now open

The early bird registration for the European Python and Zope Conference
2002 (EuroPython) is now open. The EuroPython conference is the
first major European event dedicated solely to the Python programming
language and its applications. It will be held june 26-28 in Charleroi,
Belgium.

We are proud to be able to host talks by a number of well-known speakers,
including Guido van Rossum, the creator of Python, Paul Everitt of Zope
Corporation, and Eric S. Raymond, well known open source advocate.

The program includes talks on the Python language itself, Python and the
web (including Zope, the Python-based web application platform), as well
as the use of these technologies in business, science, and education.

Registration Fee Information (full conference)

Early Bird Rate (up till sunday may 19).. 200 euro
Regular Rate (after may 19).............. 250 euro
Student Rate............................. 100 euro

You can register online here:

http://www.europython.org/....

Payment info?