[EuroPython] the program

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:30:51 +0200

Juergen Hermann wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:12:27 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
> >Confirmed speakers and abstracts are available in the wiki
> >for the web services and business track. Note that April 30th
> >is the current deadline, but the tracks are pretty much
> >organized already (even though a few abstracts are
> >missing).
>
> Where is the biggest need, as you mentioned, the biz & webservices
> track are pretty filled up.
>
> A talk about MoinMoin would concentrate on these topics:
>  * modularization and plugin architecture (I have several reports of
> people that extending moin is easy because you can concentrate on small
> parts of the system)
>  * lessons learned while extending from a 600 line CGI script to
> today's 19000 lines
>  * using python scripts for configuration
>
> It doesn't really fit anywhere, since while moin would fit in the web
> services track as a type of software, the above topics don't.
>
> The other talk would go into these topics:
>  * Python in hi-load environments (~400 linux servers, 600+ million
> page hits a month, ~10 million registered users)
>  * Python as the ideal companion to other (mostly OS) products &
> technologies (GNU/Linux, Apache, MICO (CORBA), Xerces/Xalan, Oracle)
>
> Would probably also fit into the "Industry" category besides the
> Business track.

I think these subjects would better into the general Python
track. Web Services will be focussed on things like XML-RPC,
SOAP, etc. and the business talks are more about the business
view of things than the technical domain.

I think both talk proposal would make great additions to the
conference, though, so I'd suggest to contact the appropriate
track chairmen for the generic Python track.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH