[EuroPython] Session timing (Wiki: Zope track)

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:23:49 +0200

Dario Lopez-K=E4sten wrote:
>=20
> From: "Paul Everitt" <paul@zope.com>
>=20
> > I agree with Nicolas.  Here's a different approach:
> >
> > a. The last five minutes of each presentation is Q&A.  The new speake=
> > starts setting up the computer.
>=20
> I am not sure this will work - it will very disturbing for both the aud=
ience
> and the current speaker.
>=20
> > b. 5 minutes of speaker change time should then do it.
> >
> > Thus, people present for 50 minutes, take five minutes of questions,
> > then five minutes of dead time for speaker change.
>=20
> The problem with this tight schedule is that 5 minutues is really, real=
ly a
> short time in between sessions.

You are forgetting a very important aspect here: the
human factor :-)

Speakers tend to not talk exactly x minutes (most use more
time), so a buffer is needed to compensate for this.

For the business track we envision having 35 minute talks
+ 15 minutes discussion + 10 minutes setup for the next
talk.

The 15 minutes discussion can be used a buffer in
case a talk should not fit the 35 minute schedule.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH