[EuroPython] Basic questions on logistics...

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:38:04 +0200

> (Maybe it's in the wiki, but I can't find it.)

Since, nobody answers, let me try to give an answer on some of  them:

> - How many attendees do you expect?  Minimal?  Maximal?  What's the
>   space capacity?

We thought on about 200-300 visitors (perhaps  400?). I think we've the
whole level 0 of the conference building, but I'm not really sure about it
anymore. Denis, please refresh my mind :-). For floor plan, see
http://www.ceme.be/en/sallea.htm

If I've more information, I'll put the floorplan with adjustments to the
congress on the europython site.

> - How much do you charge for admission?  Is there a budget with  expected
income and expenses?  How much does the catering cost?

We though on charging the following:

Early bird rate (until sunday may 19):   200 euro
Normal fee      (after may 19)          :   250 euro
Students                                          :  100 euro

150 Euro for people who come for one day. (but we don't like this too much,
since it can bring difficulties in logistics)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'll put the above online very soon, if nobody
disagrees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Catering:

(catering done by the default catering service of the congress building)

We've 2 coffee breaks, + 1 luch (20 Euro's per day per person)

Other costs:

Can somebody put all the costs and calculations together on the wiki? Sorry,
no time to do it myself, have to go...

> - How do you set up registration?  (This is the most common bottleneck  at
conferences I've seen!  Registering 300 people in 1 hour needs at
>   least 10 experienced clerks...)

Yup, I thought so it would be a bottleneck. Well, I  think nobody has
thought on this very well at the moment.
However, we do want do create an online registration. Or, we go with
ShareIt, or we go with a customer of us, who has an e-commerce site.
If we get better prices, we'll use their services. Denis is still
negotiating with them.

Regards, Tom.