[EuroPython] Sprints

Andy Robinson andy@reportlab.com
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 09:19:16 +0100

> But this conference apears to be a different sort of fish.  If you
> plan on having the Sprint before the conference, then I almost
> certainly cannot run it.  This notion that some of you have that 'oh
> well, people can always come a few days earlier' isn't true for all of
> us.  It is not clear to me that people are going to want to go to a
> conference _after_ a Sprint -- we wanted the papers first, and then
> the Sprint second at any rate.  Falling asleep in the middle of your
> paper because you were hacing late all night would never do.  However,
> all of this is moot.  While some people want to do a Python-Zope
> Sprint, nobody appears to want to do a Python-for-businesses Sprint.
> At least as far as I know.
>
> Laura Creighton

Now I know what you mean.  I did not pick up on this
before.  I have another idea: make it a roadshow.
The "heroes of python" do one in London, Stockholm,
Paris, whatever, doing exactly what you say and with
exactly the focus you gave.  It could be a one day event,
with the chance to grow into a bigger one with
tutorials if there is demand, giving a bunch of people
a chance to meet up and maybe even get travel expenses
paid.  The ACCU and the British Computer Society would
definitely put on such events and publicise them in
the UK; maybe magazines would because it makes a
good story.

- Andy