[EuroPython] Wiki organization "New..." vs. old pages

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:06:14 +0200

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Please,
>
> Tell me what I need to move over...
> I'm not sure what I can move over from the tracks, etc.
>
> Following was on my list, but I don't feel them as a 'Go' yet:
>
> 1. Online payment. We were discussing ShareIt, and an online payment of a
> customer of ours. I completely forgot about EuroZope possibility and I like
> this option. I've already mailed Joachim about if I could help to put this
> online as soon as possible.

> 2. Conference Track information. I've no idea about who will come or not. At
> the moment people told they would like to give a presentation, but we need
> to get and ask confirmations about it. (I thought this would start after we
> have a final decission concerning the time schedules on the chat). I know,
> my fault as well, since I'm helping the Zope Track and we don't know much
> about this Track as well. I hope all things will clear out at the chat or
> after the chat.

I think that after the chat we know about which tracks we'll
have. That information can then be moved to the web-site.

As for specific talks: I think we should just give a rundown
of the talk titles (subject to change) and finalize the web-pages
after the first week of May.

> 3. Time Schedules: I want to put them online, as soon as we know the final
> outcome (should be on the chat). With this we also put the catering
> information online

Good.

> 4. Floorplan with additional information : I'm not sure about the floorplan
> yet, I've asked Denis about this. And the extra information on the floorplan
> can only be done if we know how many exhibitors we have and how many
> simultanious tracks....

I think you have this backwards: we need to know how many
tracks we *can* run in parallel :-) I think 2-3 tacks in parallel
is a good compromise and fits well with the number of
rooms we have.

> 5. Conference Sponsors: I've no idea who is sponsering or not.... I only
> know about Dexia.

What about Strakt ?

> 6. People can now add news to the europython.org site. So if you've
> interesting news, then let's publish this! The old news page isn't finished
> yet and the news topic itself isn't formatted well. I asked Vincent for a
> design. I've asked on the list if people are interested in making the old
> news page during the weekend, since I had to spend some time with my family.
> But it looks like nobody was interested, so I'll probably do it when I've
> time...

I'd suggest to let the press team take care of this and
also to simply assign some work: people in the team have
committed themselves to help out, so I suppose all you
have to do, is ask them directly.

> 7. I'm doing the best I can.

And you're doing a great job !

> If somebody wants some information on the web,
> then please go ahead and put it there, or ask me if I've the time to do it.
> In the last case, it will not always be put online that quickly, since I
> need to prepare some time for it. If somebody wants to help, just ask and
> you'll get a entry. The site at the moment is just a trivial mockup, so
> everybody would be able to add something.

On the EuroPython management in general: I think we need to
have regular meetings with one person of each team reporting to
the others about their activities. Due to the short time frame
we have left (less than two months), we also need to explicitly
assign work to the teams and check back on them often.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH