[EuroPython] payment provider

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:44:18 +0200

Hi,

first of all, I am this week on a bussiness trip, so my online presence
is a little bit limited.

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> Tom Deprez wrote:
> >
> > Nope,
> >
> > EuroZope payment option is the way to go I think. It is already working so
> > it is easely set up.
> > I never dared to ask, because it was so quiet.
> > If I calculated correctly we had following costs on each ticket for using
> > ShareIt:
> >
> > 13,42 Euro (normal)
> > 11,42 Euro (bird)
> > 7,4 Euro (student)
> >
> > monthly cost
> >
> > + 2 Euro for the monthly bank transfert.
> >
> > So,.... it isn't cheap.... EuroZope looks much cheaper.
>
> Just make sure you get the accounting right. Otherwise,
> you'll end up in an organizational mess.
>
> You should also make sure that you have all payment data
> readily available on the first day of the conference and
> to switch off the online payment option the day before
> (or even earlier), so you can make sure that the money
> has actually been tranferred to the P3B bank account.
>
> > Joachim, how difficult is it to make a EuroPython ticket page through
> > EuroZope?
>
> Some other questions:
>
> * Is the payment page SSL protected ? (with a browser preinstalled
>   certificate)
yes and no (own certificate), but if EuroPyhon can provide a secure
server, we can run this there.

> * How do you handle refunds (e.g. person can't come for some
>   reason) ?

This is one of the questions which have to be answered, others in this
category are:

* What taxes in which country are involved ?
* with which party does the person, who registers, make a contract ?

> * What other costs are involved in using EuroZope's system ?
>   (e.g. bank transfer costs, managing the account, payment
>   of EuroZope as provider etc.)

There are no additional costs involved, but you must take in account,
that it takes up to 30 days until the money is transfered from the
Creditcard company to our account.

cheers

Joachim