[EuroPython] payment provider

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:08:02 +0200

> Hi Joachim,
>
> please see the IRC meeting notes about this:
>
> http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/ChatLogApr29
>
> We decided to set a deadline for this: Wednesday. In summary,
> I don't think we can start with EuroZope's payment system,
> since there's simply no time for setting things up correctly.
>
> We could still switch over to it later on in the process,
> though, if needed.
>
> > first of all, I am this week on a bussiness trip, so my online presence
> > is a little bit limited.

> > > Just make sure you get the accounting right. Otherwise,
> > > you'll end up in an organizational mess.
> > >
> > > You should also make sure that you have all payment data
> > > readily available on the first day of the conference and
> > > to switch off the online payment option the day before
> > > (or even earlier), so you can make sure that the money
> > > has actually been tranferred to the P3B bank account.

> > > Some other questions:
> > >
> > > * Is the payment page SSL protected ? (with a browser preinstalled
> > >   certificate)
> > yes and no (own certificate), but if EuroPyhon can provide a secure
> > server, we can run this there.
>
> That's what I feared. I'm afraid that we don't have time
> to setup secure server with a browser compatible certificate
> within two days.
>
> > > * How do you handle refunds (e.g. person can't come for some
> > >   reason) ?
> >
> > This is one of the questions which have to be answered, others in this
> > category are:
> >
> > * What taxes in which country are involved ?
>
> Since P3B is running the conference, Belgium VAT would
> apply (21%). I just hope that P3B has an EU VAT ID...
>
> It doesn't matter from where the person registers.
>
> > * with which party does the person, who registers, make a contract ?
>
> This should be P3B.
>
> > > * What other costs are involved in using EuroZope's system ?
> > >   (e.g. bank transfer costs, managing the account, payment
> > >   of EuroZope as provider etc.)
> >
> > There are no additional costs involved, but you must take in account,
> > that it takes up to 30 days until the money is transfered from the
> > Creditcard company to our account.
>
> I think that's the way it goes with most providers. We have
> to be very aware of this since it affects the budget we can
> use for upfront costs.
>
> That's also the reason why we have to setup the payment
> system *fast*.
>
> I'd still suggest using ShareIT (even though it probably
> sounds like I'm a ShareIT sales person by now ;-). They have
> everything we need in place and you can be up and running
> within an hour (including sending in the fax with the account
> information).

mmm, yes, it looks like we'll run out of time for using the EuroZope payment
method.
Although I don't like the costs per transaction, I think we better go with
ShareIT....
Please, others, give us your decision.
If all people voted concerning this subject:
  Marc-Andre, since it looks that you've the most experience with ShareIT,
would it be possible to set up an account?

Regards,
Tom.