[EuroPython] Python tracks/topics

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux@openbe.org
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:01:59 +0100

Just to propose a summary so far about the tracks for the Europython/zope=
=20
conference:

+ intro about XML-RPC and then SOAP (differentiating between its XML-RPC
manifestation and its XML wrapping functionality).
   * reuse Paul Prescod's material=20
   * discuss web services built on top of these RPC layers=20
   * proposed by Tim Couper <tim@2wave.net>=20

+ have Mike Olson and Uche from 4Suite do a presentation in a Web
 Services track, covering the whole XML space, including SAX and DOM and =
=20
among other things, RDF (proposed by Tim Couper <tim@2wave.net>)=20

+ Martijn <faassen@vet.uu.nl> does something about XML for document stora=
ge/=20
editing/ retrieval/ searching. Martin von Loewis may be willing to work o=
n=20
this too

+ Tim and Andy Robinson are intrested in running a "Python
 and Business" or more like "Python in the Real World" track

+ I <nicolas.pettiaux@openbe.org> am much interested in this too, even if=
 not=20
 able to contribute much else witht than the marketing that a public supp=
ort=20
initiative can provide. (I just can say that I work much with my service=20
providers and colleagues in other public administration stating that I wa=
nt=20
Python and ZOPE developments)

+ Have a Jython presentation with European Jython hackers Finn Bock in=20
Denmark who Martijn is contacting

+ have a presentation in the business track letting deciders (ie. non=20
technicians) know and understand why having their developpements team use=
=20
python/jython/zope and contributing to a knowledge body is good for them,=
=20
from a business perspective.=20

I suppose I could contribute here, maybe with Didier Georgieff=20
<Didier.GEORGIEFF@agriculture.gouv.fr> from SIT du Bas Rhin, as we are mo=
re=20
on the "consumer" side (deciders and prescriptors) and are convinced alre=
ady.=20

(Side note: soon I  plan to open a RFP for my administration to gather pe=
ople=20
who could in Europe offer python and zope developpment. )

+ Joseph Santaniello <someone@arbitrary.org> proposes to helps with "his=20
experiences bucking the trend and navigating the political=20
intrigues necessary to get the finance company where he work to adopt
Python and Zope for it's most critical systems will provide some
interesting background for part of the development of such a track."

Maybe we could get some ideas and people from the IPC10 conference.

Best regards,

Nicolas
--=20
Nicolas Pettiaux