[EuroPython] send out press release

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 09 Feb 2002 12:51:03 +0100

Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
>=20
> Le Vendredi 8 F=E9vrier 2002 21:04, M.-A. Lemburg a =E9crit :
>=20
> > > Perhaps you two could get together and work something out? Take the
> > > existing press release and add something like this bit and shake it=
 all
> > > up, post it back to the list.
> >
> > Ok, but we'll need some more background info about the organizers,
> > e.g. name of a company, address, press-contact, phone numbers,
> > some bios, etc.
>=20
> Yes, but are these details really needed now ?

You always have to mention someone being responsible for the press
release and at least give them some coordinates in case they want
to get back to you (e.g. for extra press material, etc.).=20

A typical press release usually starts with:

"PARIS - BigCompany Inc. announces TheGreatBigProduct,
a <one sentence summary>."

Then what follows is a mix of comments, short bios and product
descriptions.

To put it simple: we need a name tag for who is organizing
the event, e.g. EuroPython Conferences c/o xyz, abc 12,=20
3456 Charleroi.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH