[EuroPython] Python tracks/topics

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux@ael.be
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:14:56 +0100

Le Dimanche 10 F=E9vrier 2002 15:05, M.-A. Lemburg a =E9crit :
> Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
> > Just to propose a summary so far about the tracks for the Europython/=
zope
> > conference:
>
> Could we have this as Wiki page too ?

this is already in=20

http://europython.zope.nl/wiki/ConferenceTracks

All your ideas below seem good to me.

Please go on and edit this wiki page as you like.=20

(I won't for the next 3 hours at least)

> (I have applied some minor corrections below)
>
> > + intro about XML-RPC and then SOAP (differentiating between its RPC
> > manifestation and its XML wrapping functionality).
> >    * possibly reuse Paul Prescod's material
> >    * discuss web services built on top of these RPC layers
> >    * proposed by Tim Couper <tim@2wave.net> and Marc-Andre Lemburg
> > <mal@egenix.com>
> >
> > + have Mike Olson and Uche from FourThough Inc. do a presentation in =
> > Web Services track, covering the whole XML space, including SAX and D=
OM
> > and among other things, RDF
> >    * proposed by Tim Couper <tim@2wave.net>
> >
> > + Martijn <faassen@vet.uu.nl> does something about XML for document
> > storage/ editing/ retrieval/ searching. Martin von Loewis may be will=
ing
> > to work on this too
> >
> > + Tim, Marc-Andre and Andy Robinson are intrested in running a "Pytho=
> >  and Business" or more like "Python in the Real World" track
> >
> > + I <nicolas.pettiaux@openbe.org> am much interested in this too, eve=
n if
> > not able to contribute much else witht than the marketing that a publ=
ic
> > support initiative can provide. (I just can say that I work much with=
 my
> > service providers and colleagues in other public administration stati=
ng
> > that I want Python and ZOPE developments)
> >
> > + Have a Jython presentation with European Jython hackers Finn Bock i=
> > Denmark who Martijn is contacting
> >
> > + have a presentation in the business track letting deciders (ie. non
> > technicians) know and understand why having their developpements team=
 use
> > python/jython/zope and contributing to a knowledge body is good for t=
hem,
> > from a business perspective.
> >
> > I suppose I could contribute here, maybe with Didier Georgieff
> > <Didier.GEORGIEFF@agriculture.gouv.fr> from SIT du Bas Rhin, as we ar=
> > more on the "consumer" side (deciders and prescriptors) and are convi=
nced
> > already.
> >
> > (Side note: soon I  plan to open a RFP for my administration to gathe=
> > people who could in Europe offer python and zope developpment. )
> >
> > + Joseph Santaniello <someone@arbitrary.org> proposes to helps with "=
his
> > experiences bucking the trend and navigating the political
> > intrigues necessary to get the finance company where he work to adopt
> > Python and Zope for it's most critical systems will provide some
> > interesting background for part of the development of such a track."
>
> In summary we now have the following tracks:
>
> 1. Python and Jython
> 2. Zope
> 3. Web Services
> 4. Python in the Real World
>
> Now we have three days available. Question is how to organize these
> three days. We could follow IPCn:
>
> 26.06.: Tutorial Day
> 27.06.: Conference Day
> 28.06.: Developers Day
>
> or maybe just have two conference days (I tend to have a feeling
> that dev days don't really generate much significant output).

--=20
Nicolas Pettiaux
Association =E9lectronique libre pour la promotion des=20
droits de l'Homme dans la Soci=E9t=E9 de l'information (AEL) -
www.ael.be=20