[EuroPython] ConferenceInformationRelease and RequestForPapers

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:35:58 +0100

Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:

> Dear
>
> I have just added
>
> http://europython.zope.nl/wiki/ConferenceInformationRelease

Good start :-) I would put a little more emphasis on high level
introductions, though (the topics look too technical). We should
try to attract not only developers but also people seeking
guidance about whether or not to use Python in future projects.

The "Python in the Real World" track should explicitly focus
on decision makers for this reason.

> and
>
> http://europython.zope.nl/wiki/RequestForPapers

Looks perfect for conference presentations, but it is missing some
important parts for a "call for papers" -- the paper submission
guidelines ;-)

Now, papers are generally tough to manage since you need referees,
several rounds etc. Perhaps we don't want refereed papers at the
first conference ?! In that case, I'd call the page "Request for
Participation" (like the O'Reilly page is called).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH