[EuroPython] Python tracks/topics

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:04:17 +0100 (CET)

Marc Poinot <Marc.Poinot@onera.fr>:

> Most of the people I know are using Python in the scientific world.

Deformation professionelle... ;-)

> I always present Python as a gluing and/or prototyping langage, and
> you can see with Numerical Python or other scientific modules, there
> is a not-internet-related Python community.
> As a matter of fact, this community is less fluent with web-things,
> mailing lits, dedicated web site, etc...
> This morning I saw a yet-another-module-for-MPI announce.

I fully agree and would also appreciate some "more serious"
content, that is less likely to be de-hyped within a year into
meaninglessness... I'll ask some folks at the Institut Pasteur
right away if they can share some of their Python experience.

Also, please think of Michel Sanner who was also present in
Long Beach, CA... Marc, would you mind contacting him?

Regards,

Dinu