[EuroPython] Conference Extra-curricular activities?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:49:06 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Joseph Santaniello wrote:
> >
> > I recall from the O'reilly OPenSource conferences that there were "open
> > forums" in the conference rooms after hours which groups could sign up for
> > to discuss/do whatever they wanted to. This allowed ad-hoc groups of
> > people to form mini-tracks on the fly, as they saw fit.
> >
> > That was one of the more interesting features, in my opinion.
>
> Right, these would be Birds of a Feather sessions. These can be entirely
> ad-hoc, or can be a bit more structured with some presentations included.
>
> I also much enjoyed last years (couldn't attend this year) lightning talks.
> I think a lightning talk session would be neat to have. A lightning talk
> consists of a very short (I think it was 10 minutes or so) presentation on
> some issue, and you'd have a lot in a row.

In summary, we'll need

* BOFs (small get-together-like discussion rounds with a
  BOF manager; these should be planned shortly before the conference),

and

* Lightning Talks (very short presentations on various subjects,
  to be announced at the conference),

Since we can't really plan them now, I suggest to just integrate
these into the time table somewhere.

I'm not sure whether we can start creating a time table just yet,
though :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH