[EuroPython] ProgrammingContest

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:40:37 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:

> http://europython.zope.nl/wiki/ProgrammingContest

Sorry to raise the issue of licensing once more, but I think the words you
used are slightly confusing.

 * "we cannot accept entries that require commercial software or other
software that is not provided as free software or under GPL."
  -> This seems to imply that GPLed software is not free software.

 * "The participants agree that their application free software, protected
by the GPL licence."
  -> This is python we're talking about, and the GPL is not the default
licence in the community, even if it is commonly used. I think imposing
the GPL, rather than, for instance, the Python Licence, is an error.

There's nothing about the maximium number of submission that an individual
can make.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).