[EuroPython] Invited speakers

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:03:33 +0100

Parse error. Could you rephrase this? I don't understand. :)

> If people don not come spontaneously, at least we will have something already
> very interesting ... even if a little pushed.

People have already contacted me spontaneously, and I've noticed a very
tiny amount of pushing can also work wonders. There's a huge amount of people
who could do very interesting presentations that I could mail.

> Who from the list is volunteering to become a member of the paper selection
> commitee ?

I was on the program commitee already, as far as I was aware. Is this the same
as the paper selection commitee? Anyway, I'm volunteering to keep track of
all the program/paper issues, though I hope I won't be the only one. I'd like
to start appointing specific people as part of specific subgroups soon.
[note that I'm assuming a leadership role here and I won't want to ursurp
anything, so people should speak up if they object]

> As stated by Stefane, I think the basic "conference commitee"  was proposed
> in Charleroi in December. Any other proposal / suggestion is welcome though.

Of course we can still shuffle the main commitee and add people who are
active/interested in helping. We should treat this as an open source project
in the sense that whoever takes responsibility can get responsibility. :)

Regards,

Martijn