[EuroPython] AW: Sprints and some ideas for it

Andrew Smart Andrew.Smart@smart-knowhow.de
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:15:10 +0100

>Message: 13
>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:07:04 +0100
>From: Laura Creighton <lac@strakt.com>
>To: europython@python.org
>Subject: [EuroPython] I don't know how many of you are reading
conferences-discuss@python.org

>But they are discussing something called Sprints now.  See:
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/conferences-discuss/2002-February/000029.h
tml

>Sounds like fun to me.

YESSS.... I would like that too...

One thing: to be "business acceptable" you need more direct connections to
MS products.
MS is *standard*, no way around. I'm very experienced in programming VB, and
with an experienced python/ZOPE programmer on my side I can easily build
some integration tools.

Wouldn't it be VERY tempting for business people to see how easily you can
integrate the existing software infrastructure into Python projects and visa
versa? (Hey, I can remember my suprise at the first time I implemented a
stable COM server without crashing within 30 minutes with WinPython...).
Some NICE XML/SOAP hacks which can directly be started from within Microsoft
Word documents...

Andrew