[EuroPython] Why is GPL required in the contest?!?

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux@openbe.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:05:33 +0100

Le Mercredi 13 F=E9vrier 2002 23:01, Martijn Faassen a =E9crit :

> > Didn't we agree that the application has to come under an OSI
> > certified license as only requirement ?!

> Whee, the licenses again. I've hacked the programming contest wiki
> page to take out the GPL stuff and to put in the OSI stuff.

This is much better indeed. Sorry I just copied the idea from Google cont=
est.

> The actual people organizing the contest will have to adjust this with
> proper text and URLs to the right places (OSI, FSF), but at least this
> will stop people from posting about this to the list again. ;)
>
> Btw, the prizes; who's going to pay for them? I'm wary of promising
> prizes if we don't have a proper budget yet. :)

Right, but I am quite sure we will find some money. Just don't knwo the=20
amount yet.

It can be changed if you have other ideas.

Nicolas

--=20
Nicolas Pettiaux
Avenue du P=E9rou 29