[EuroPython] Offer: publishing contact

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:54:19 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I can establish a contact to a marketing person/manager=20
at PearsonEd.fr who is not quite sure they can sponsor the
event, but would love to hear more about it. This should be=20
an excellent opportunity to train your persuasion muscles!

Pearson.com is an "umbrella publisher" (not sure if that
notion exists, maybe "container class" is more appropriate)=20
which, among many others, Addison-Wesley, Prentice-Hall=20
and Financial Times are a part of.

I'm willing to give his coordinates to anybody speaking well
French who can convince him to spend a few bucks. Who
is that going to be, Denis, Nicolas&Nicolas or St=E9fane?
Please get in touch and decide who will do it. Then ask=20
me for his coordinates... ;-)

His general attitude is roughly this: Python hasn't quite=20
taken off in France, and definitly not with Pearson books.
So I guess you can argue like this: if you don't jump on
it now you'll leave it all to O'Reilly (who will likely organize
a Python-specific event this year in the US). Also, there
are 21 different Python books in Amazon.com - how many
from Pearson?

Regards,

Dinu

PS: BTW, we need to think what companies will get for
thir sponsoring...