[EuroPython] Offer: publishing contact

Stefane Fermigier sf@fermigier.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:17:49 +0100

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 12:54:19PM +0100, Dinu Gherman wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I can establish a contact to a marketing person/manager=20
> at PearsonEd.fr who is not quite sure they can sponsor the
> event, but would love to hear more about it. This should be=20
> an excellent opportunity to train your persuasion muscles!
>=20
> Pearson.com is an "umbrella publisher" (not sure if that
> notion exists, maybe "container class" is more appropriate)=20
> which, among many others, Addison-Wesley, Prentice-Hall=20
> and Financial Times are a part of.
>=20
> I'm willing to give his coordinates to anybody speaking well
> French who can convince him to spend a few bucks. Who
> is that going to be, Denis, Nicolas&Nicolas or St=E9fane?
> Please get in touch and decide who will do it. Then ask=20
> me for his coordinates... ;-)
>=20
> His general attitude is roughly this: Python hasn't quite=20
> taken off in France, and definitly not with Pearson books.
> So I guess you can argue like this: if you don't jump on
> it now you'll leave it all to O'Reilly (who will likely organize
> a Python-specific event this year in the US). Also, there
> are 21 different Python books in Amazon.com - how many
> from Pearson?

Isn't New Riders / SAMS part of Pearson ? (I think so).

Anyway, I can contact the person in France (I may even pehaps already
know him/her).

	S.

--=20
St=E9fane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
http://nuxeo.com/ & http://portalux.com/ & http://aful.org/
"Amazon: we patent the dot in .com"