[EuroPython] PressRelease

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:51:15 +0100

Hi there,

I've given the press release an edit, straightening out and toning down
some of the language, and eliminating the implication of a Jython track
(we'll have talks on Jython, but I didn't know we had agreed on a special
track yet). I've left the whole track issue a bit less prominent, only
emphasizing the Zope track, which we'll definitely have besides the
Python stuff.

I've renamed the conference team from 'EuroPython/Zope Conference
Team' to 'EuroPython Conference Team', in the general policy of
emphasizing Python, and in the interest of pronouncability.

Where does the 20,000 Zope developers figure come from, by the way?

I've rewritten Nicolas P's addition to:

"""
Python, Jython and Zope are maintained and enhanced in open source fashion by
an international community of programmers and companies.
"""

A native speaker of English should preferably a final check of the language
after the wiki editing stops tomorrow. After that final round of controlled
editing we can start finalizing the translations and sending out the press
release, probably early next week.

Regards,

Martijn