[EuroPython] Ok, back

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:05:03 +0100

Tom Deprez wrote:
[snip]
> 1. Although I'm not used to ZPT, I'm in favor doing it this way... are there
> people having objectives to ZPT?

ZPT's fine with me, but no objections to DTML. Infrae (Kit and I :) have
been switching our development from DTML to ZPT in the last few months
and we noticed getting the hang of it happened very quickly.

> 2. Are there people who are used at developing CSS? If so, is it possible to
> make a quick one, which can be used during development and which one
> contains most thingies (but doesn't have to be final).

I can ask Kit here. I'll let you know tomorrow.

> Could it be done before saterday? I would like to make a very preliminary
> thing on which we than can build further.

Up to you guys. :)

> 3. I don't think the site has to be really eye-catching. The most important
> thing is:
>
> -all the needed must be there and it must be easely found.

Agreed. It just needs to look nice and clean.

> 5. We need to make entries for sure:
>
> * Where it takes place, how to get there, ...
> * Hotels, How to get to the congress.
> * Conference Schedules
> * Speakers
> * News section (really needed?)
> * Subscription section
> * Section to send the abstracts by email?
> * Sponsors
> * Organisators/ Contact Persons

By next week I expect some of our wiki pages will be cooked enough to
start moving over the text into the website proper. The PR team and associated
chaff like me should be the ones determining what is ready for publication,
though of course help from you (like this list above) is gladly accepted.

Anyway, we'll let you (the web people) know what material we have ready.
Since it's in the wiki it'll be structured text already, so if you could
make the pages work with that we can move quickly.

The texts that will ready first will be the general information about
the conference (press release and other information). Afterwards I think
we should start running simple news items ("Christian Tismer will speak
about stackless!") to make people excited. After a while we should
have some forms ready and will move on to accepting submissions for
abstracts and finally (pre) registrations.

How does that sound?

Thanks,

Martijn