[EuroPython] Press Release German finished

Stefane Fermigier sf@fermigier.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:50:05 +0100

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:43:25PM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Stefane Fermigier wrote:
> >=20
> > On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 12:02:00PM +0100, Stefane Fermigier wrote:
> > >
> > > No, we already settled for "European Python and Zope Conference". T=
hat
> > > would make it "EPZC 2002" if you like, but I thought that everyone =
did
> > > agree not to remmove Zope from the title.
> >=20
> > One of the arguments would be that for many EuroZopers it's important=
 there
> > there is a Zope conference labeled as such, and not just a Zope track=
 during a
> > Python (or Linux, or whatever) Conference.
>=20
> I can understand that Zopers would like to see Zope in the
> title, but the same is probably true for users of many other=20
> Python applications, such as for example Webware. By making=20
> Python more prominent, the benefits we achieve reach out to=20
> all Python applications equally.

I don't believe removing "Zope" from the title will benefit in anyway
to the Webware, eGenix, etc. people.

I firmly believe, OTOH, that putting "Zope" in the title will bring more
people and more attention (press, etc.) to the conference.

Anyway, other people in this list will probably want to express their opi=
nion
before the title of the conference is changed.

	S.

--=20
St=E9fane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
http://nuxeo.com/ & http://portalux.com/ & http://aful.org/
"Amazon: we patent the dot in .com"