[EuroPython] Budget Questions / Europython Conf Organisation

Andrew Smart Andrew.Smart@smart-knowhow.de
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:36:08 +0100

Hi folks,

hmm... I have no knowledge about Belgium business/organisational structures
and how to found them.

I searched a bit and found 2 "commercial" forms:

SPRL = Societe Privee a Responsabilite Limitee
BV = Besloten Venootschap met Beperkte Aansprakelijkheid

The first one sounds a bit like a "GmbH" (Ltd.) in Germany/London.
The second i can't translate, but I would guess it's the bigger one (like
"AG" in Germany).

You need at least one Person as Founder, can be forein, must have a
professional card.

Founding capital: at least 750.000 bfrs (around 18.000 Euro), costs: 30.000
bfrs (750 Euro)
One have to "pay" before founding at least 20% of the capital (3600 Euro).

Time to found: at least 8 weeks

I'm seeking further, but anyone from Belgium with know-how would be very
welcome!

I'm seeking organisational structures for non-profit organisations...

I've also found references for european-wide company structures (called EWIV
in German), but that's quite high-level stuff so I cannot say if it would
suit us...

Andrew