[EuroPython] Track organization

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:24:17 +0100

Konrad Hinsen wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>
> > Perhaps you can volunteer as track champion for the
> > "Python in Science" track ?!
>
> OK in principle, but before I accept responsibility for any kind of
> program, I'd like to know the conditions: how much time is available
> for the track, what are the conditions for inviting speakers, etc.

You get full repsonsibility, including reviewing proposals for
talks and/or commissioning them. The timeframe for the
tracks is not fixed yet, but a look at:

	http://europython.zope.nl/wiki/ConferenceTimetable
and
	http://europython.zope.nl/wiki/ConferenceTracks

suggests that you have either an AM or PM session available.

In general, I think we should come up with a rough estimate
of how many talks we think we are going to get in each track.

I added the AM - PM assignment to the tracks table with emphasis
on the Python track in the hope that a lot of interesting
talks will be held in this track.

Conditions for invited speakers depend on the budget. I hope
that we'll be able to give them free admission, however,
not even that is certain.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH