[EuroPython] Budget Questions / Europython Conf Organisation

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:41:46 +0100

Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> That would be SARL and SA in France. That's for companies, with customers,
> staff on the payroll, etc. I'm not sure that it is what we are looking
> for. Or is it ?

Nope, I don't think so either. We want a non-profit organization. When
Joachim Schmitz looked into this for EuroZope, he could find no
europe-wide organizational structure but found out that (say) a German
foundation would work fine too for this type of purpose.

If nobody know better (that there is a European style foundation), then
we'll have to base it in a country somewhere. Could be Sweden though
perhaps a euro-land country may be a trifle easier if people need to
pay money to it. Could basically be anywhere in Europe, as far as I'm
aware. But then I'm not very aware beyond this. :)

So:

  * there is no European-wide Foundation as a possibility, right?

  * if not, any special reasons to base it in a particular European country,
    or *not* any particular European country?

  * any other important points? :)

Regards,

Martijn