[EuroPython] BudgetTeam, Budget Questions

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:49:27 +0100

Andrew Smart wrote:
> > Why not gnumeric ?
>
> Hups... have SuSE7.3 but don't know if I have THIS one... and I use often my
> W*-based Laptop, so I would prefer some portable format.

I believe Gnumeric at least read and very possibly also write Excel.
But then I'm absolutely no spreadsheet person so I'll shut up on this
for now.

> > (Yes, RMS was at FOSDEM too).
>
> Hmm... whatever you mean, it sounds good... what is RMS, and FOSDEM?

FOSDEM was a meeting on free software/open source recently held in
Belgium. RMS stands for Richard M Stallman, who is the central free
software figure. Eccentric and very determined in his cause. Very amusing
when he sings. Wrote big pieces of things like Emacs and gcc early on.
The GNU stuff. Hard to describe.

Reference here was because Denis said "GNU/Linux", which is how RMS
wants you to describe a Linux distribution.

Regards,

Martijn