[EuroPython] Calling Web and Design teams

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@village.uunet.be
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:55:24 +0100

<snip>

>They are quite slightly related of course... I'd like to help as well
>(I'm on http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/DesignTeam ).

>I think we need to settle on some simple conventions for the website
>"architecture", like for example

>- one folder per page
>- a "content" dtml doc in each folder
>- use standard html headers and footer
>- have a single index_html file containing :

><dtml-var standard_html_header>
><dtml-var content fmt="structured-text">
><dtml-var standard_html_footer>

I agree on all above, exactly what I had in mind, but I was thinking on ZPT,
instead of DTML.

>- have a single print dtml method like :

><dtml-var print_html_header>
><dtml-var content fmt="structured-text">
><dtml-var print_html_footer>

> From that, we can define some navigational methods, add search,
breadcrumbs, etc...

yup

>The design team should provide those standard html headers and footers, and
imho we could work together on the design.
>Btw, it would ease a lot if the navigation bars were done with html text
only (in this case we can autogenerate them).

>As for the design itself, it would go faster if every designer (or the
group of designers) provided some layouts in bitmap format (no need to
>mess with html at this stage), then we could all vote which one is the
best, then implement this design in html/css. In the mean time we can
>use a minimal design like the one currently there.
>Does it sounds like a good battleplan ?

Good battle plan. Does everybody feels comfortable on this?

>So far, I know of 3webdesigners working on EuroPython (If I forget
someone,please let me know):

dagmar.kolb@just-ad.de
mvm@brutele.be
philippe@123piano.com