[EuroPython] EUROPYTHON LOGO 2nd

dagmar kolb de dagmar.kolb@just-ad.de
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:20:36 +0100

Hi Seb, hi Tom, hi everybody

thanks for your feedback :-))

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 10:18, Tom Deprez wrote:
> Just wondering....
>
> What would it give if the python made a circle and the stars were on the
> body of the snake.
>
> Just an idea, don't know if it would be nice.

+2 I like that idea too :-)

But I do not agree to this idea for following reasons:

There are two separate elements of the logo with separate importance.
The python and the euro stars. Mixing both would cause irritation und
misunderstandings.
The stars have to build a circle themselves to be recognized as the
europa symbol.
The snake stands for python itself. It is the main element and can be
used for several purposes.

Both elements are combined for the event europython conference only in
this case! If there was e.g. a national conference, there would be  the
german flag instead of the stars... If you want to use the logo for
python only, it stands alone without the euro stars. Combined with
another text possibly...

To keep the elements separate gives various ways of using. Creating a
logo means to have a basic element. Here: the snake. For each purpose
other elements are added, if necessary. The snake will be recognised as
a symbol for python in every case. Means: logo->brand->corporate
identity. That is what we want, donīt we?

cu
dago
--
JUST AD. Einfach werben.