[EuroPython] What about this logo ???

Marc Balmer marc@msys.ch
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:21:53 +0100

Am Mittwoch den, 20. Februar 2002, um 16:57, schrieb M.-A. Lemburg:

> Odile B=E9nassy wrote:
>>
>> 1) we don't need "suits" that much
>
> Yes we do.
>

>> 2) they get used to that "hackers" style thes days, don't you think ?
>
> Most certainly not.

We use Python almost only for "serious business" in larger firms and
governemental agencies - besides from some lectures.

Those customers will definitely not take for serious a hacker style guy
wearing a Python cap and a cool T-shirt, whatsoever hes/her knowledge
may be.  Switzerland is conservative.  To do business and to be taken
for serious, you wear a suit.  Stupid, but so it is.  And I am talking=20=

about
business ($$$), not some freaky, underpaid short time project.

And I hope thats a focus of EuroPython as well.

- mb

--
Marc Balmer, Micro Systems, Kannenfeldstrasse 32, CH-4056 Basel
Tel +41 61 383 05 10, Fax +41 61 383 05 12, http://www.msys.ch/