AW: [EuroPython] Budget Team: Association (EEIG / EWIV) Links; Chareloi team

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:22:18 +0100

Andrew Smart wrote:

> As I said before, I think a EEIG would be probably the right type.
>
> At least, whe are a bunch of people who make money with programming,
> consultation, support or else. I doesn't matter if you are employed or
> freelancer or company owner or a company itself. Maybe beeing a student can
> be discussed, but even as a student you can work as a freelancer (as I did
> it).
>
> But: you don't have to prove that you are a "profit-making" person or
> company; hey, even universities can be members of EEIG and, at least, no one
> checks it.

I think the real question is: who wants to become member of
whatever association or organization we come up with ?

So far, I haven't heard from anyone seriously looking into this,
so we might not even have a problem with membership.

> The only drawback would be that we have to put EEIG into the name of the
> conference organisation, hence the press releases are a bit misleading. But
> we can correct this in a additional press release in the future.
>
> To get local support from Belgium / Chareloi we need someone from
> Belgium/Chareloi who is willing to be member at least and helps us with the
> local registration... Anyone reading?

I think this is the most important part of it: if we lose the
CEME, we'll have an open air event :-/

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH