[EuroPython] Budget Team: Association (EEIG / EWIV) Links

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:40:11 +0100 (CET)

> 1. What is an EEIG?
>
> The EEIG is a form of association between companies or other legal bodies,
> firms or individuals from different EU countries who need to operate
> together across national frontiers. It carries out particular tasks for its
> member-owners and is quite separate from its owners' businesses. Its aim is
> to facilitate or develop the economic activities of its members.

In France this is called GIE (Groupement d'Intérêt Economique). EEIG
stands for European Economic Interest Group.

In France it's easy to create. I think a european one would be a nice
solution, as it would include both firms and individuals and be using
"european laws".

In which country is it easier to create it ?

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais où est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)