[EuroPython] Budget Team: Association (EEIG / EWIV) Links

Philippe Jadin all@123piano.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:04:11 +0100

Andrew Smart wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was browsing the web a bit after EEIG (english name) (EWIV german name):
>
>I found:
>
>In a way similar to us, http://www.eurofilmfest.org is a EEIG organisation
>for coordination of film festivals. Similar because they coordinate/organize
>something which is a alike a conference.

I asked my girlfriend about this (she studied "law" here in Belgium -
isn't it nice ? :)

interesting background infos to read :

-
http://europa.eu.int/comm/enterprise/library/lib-social_economy/orgfd_en.pdf
- http://europa.eu.int/comm/governance/contributions/contrib_fheur_en.pdf

We guess that what is needed is an "association internationale de droit
belge" roughly translated to "an international association specifically
created in Belgium with belgian laws in mind" :

- http://www.ecla.org/fr/presentation/historique.htm

Looking at this :
http://194.7.188.126/justice/index_fr.htm

There is for example an association, called euroheat, which probably has
the right legal form we could use...

/me wonders if it really helps

Philippe