[EuroPython] europython web developers

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:25:11 +0100

Hi,

To all people interested in web development:

For the moment, the following people took part in discussion:

Design:

dagmar.kolb@just-ad.de
mvm@brutele.be
philippe@123piano.com
tom@aragne.com

Structure/Coding:

philippe@123piano.com
obenassy@free.fr
faassen@vet.uu.nl (I think Martijn would like to help us with ZFormulater?)
tom@aragne.com

It is quiet possible that I forgot people, I've the tendency to forget very
easely. If so, just wack around my ears and tell me that you're with us on
the project.

---------

Could we start a discussion on how we would structure the site?

Just some info on the state right now:

The site is only a one-level site, ie all content is put into folders and
these folders make the left menu.
There is a very basic ZPT framework which creates the left menu and there is
a basic python script which can be used to include STX inside the body of
the ZPT framework. The left menu is created from folders with a 'visible'
property set to 'on'

I think we can use this basic structure to go further with the development.
We can create the structure by adding folders. When the content of a folder
is finished, we can set the visible property to true.
The ZPT framework will do for now. If we want to add other autogenerated
things like breadcrumbs etc, all we've to do is to add some code to the
framework. This way we can create a working but rude version of the site.

By the end the webdesigners have formed an idea on the look of the site, we
can incorporate this into the framework etc.

Now, it is time to think about the structure. What will go in as first
level, .how many levels we think are needed, etc...

Let's brainstorm and then incorporate the structure right away. After this,
we can start on the discussion of the content of every folder and then
devide the work.

   Introduction
   Press-Release
Place
    Map
    How to get there
    Transport means
    Pleasure
Registration
Submissions
    (of papers, tutorials, code)
Conference Track
    Time Table
    Python Track
    Zope Track
    Tutorials
    BoF
    Code contents
Hotel Information
Conference Committee
    Legal body
    Contact Persons
Sponsors
    How to sponsor
    Different Sponsors

Please, give some feedback

What about the different languages? How will we handle this? eg the
Press-Releases
Should we have to make the site full multi-langual? I think English is good
enough for most of the site.
Do we even have the manpower to make it fully multi-langual?

Regards, Tom.