[EuroPython] EuroPython Legal Structure

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:07:31 +0100

Denis wrote:
[snip]
> After the event, if the account has a positive balance, you'll decide
> what we should do with the extra : give it to a new EuroPython structure
> to have some funds to start working on EuroPython 2003 (in any other
> country), or spend it in any way you want for Python glory.
>
> If the account has a negative balance (it shouldn't happen if we act as
> "bons p?res de famille") I hope you would help me to reach the zero
> level too.

Cool, answers on the list already; see my points in another thread.

If there's a positive balance, use that to start up a EuroPython organization
which can then move on to organizing EuroPython 2003. Agreed.

If there's a negative balance, we would of course love to make up for
it and have it reach zero, but perhaps we should have somekind of clearer
mechanism for this in place. This is the inherent risk basically of not
having a EuroPython organization but using P3B. If we can get the budget
group to take care of what happens with the money we should be able to
avoid this scenario. As this might become very very messy with blame
going both ways ('shouldn't have used the budget to fund the come-back of
the Guido Dancers!' 'ah, but what about the woman in the cake then huh?',
etc)

Thanks Denis!

Regards,

Martijn