[EuroPython] Conference spirit [Was: What about this logo ???]

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:22:31 +0100

Denis wrote:
> Le Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 05:21:53PM +0100, Marc Balmer pianota:
> >
> > Those customers will definitely not take for serious a hacker style guy
> > wearing a Python cap and a cool T-shirt, whatsoever hes/her knowledge
> > may be.  Switzerland is conservative.  To do business and to be taken
> > for serious, you wear a suit.  Stupid, but so it is.  And I am talking
> > about business ($$$), not some freaky, underpaid short time project.
> >
> > And I hope thats a focus of EuroPython as well.

[snip some rumblings from Denis]

Don't worry, I'll be appearing in T-shirt too. :)

EuroPython should be for Python users and developers. Suits, hackers,
and anything in between. I lean towards 'hacker' myself, but am willing to
accept any amount of suits in the audience, if they're okay with me. The
suggestion is here that it isn't okay with them, however -- in that case
it's their loss.

The conference should be for *all* Python users and developers. This
includes business types, and it includes hackers, and everybody else. To
exclude any group would be a loss to all of us. We could end up with a
bunch of underfunded hackers one way, or a bunch of business types wondering
why all the development stopped the other way.

Regards,

Martijn