[EuroPython] EuroPython Legal Structure

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:06:24 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Denis wrote:
> [snip]
> > After the event, if the account has a positive balance, you'll decide
> > what we should do with the extra : give it to a new EuroPython structure
> > to have some funds to start working on EuroPython 2003 (in any other
> > country), or spend it in any way you want for Python glory.
> >
> > If the account has a negative balance (it shouldn't happen if we act as
> > "bons p?res de famille") I hope you would help me to reach the zero
> > level too.
>
> Cool, answers on the list already; see my points in another thread.
>
> If there's a positive balance, use that to start up a EuroPython organization
> which can then move on to organizing EuroPython 2003. Agreed.
>
> If there's a negative balance, we would of course love to make up for
> it and have it reach zero, but perhaps we should have somekind of clearer
> mechanism for this in place. This is the inherent risk basically of not
> having a EuroPython organization but using P3B. If we can get the budget
> group to take care of what happens with the money we should be able to
> avoid this scenario. As this might become very very messy with blame
> going both ways ('shouldn't have used the budget to fund the come-back of
> the Guido Dancers!' 'ah, but what about the woman in the cake then huh?',
> etc)

Just to make things more transparent, I'd suggest to open up
a separate bank account for all the EuroPython acitivites within
P3B.

Now if everybody feels comfortable with this setup, I suppose
we'll need some legally binding documents from P3B which
cover the points mentioned by Martijn in his other posting
on the subject.

For simplicity, I'd suggest to have these docs sent to
Martijn (or someone else in the team) who can then scan them
and put them as PDFs on the web-site as reference. Would
that be OK with everyone ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH